Friday 23 April 2010

arrived!

hello all I have arrived and all the travel went very well! got to dubai in good time and slept a little, now in sunny, and warm, cape town and about to head out to meet a few other volunteers and watch a local football game! all very exciting and slightly strange too as I am meeting loads of new people and trying to remember lots of names too! I have my own locked room which is helpful so I can unpack too.

feeling really excited about all the opportunities here, I probably have the weekend off too and then its a double national holiday (mon tues) so an easy-ish start!

Blessings to you all, speak soon!

p.s., i may have had a mcdonalds in dubai at 1am....unconfirmed at the moment though.....

love

stu!

4 comments:

  1. Good work Stu! Just wanted to let you know that I'm following your blog and praying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. McDonalds in Dubai... AWESOME!

    (Oh yeah, the rest is cool, too - hang in there :-) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. well pleased with mcd's...tasty indeed. was really strange as dubai international airport was more busy at 3am just before I went to bed than heathrow at lunchtime???! strange stuff, massive shopping centre and luxury stores open 24h, and then, of course, mcdonalds! whoop.

    ReplyDelete